Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Update for week 12/07/08

Not much happening here. Corrisa is well into basketball now. She lost her first came and won her second. Her coach this year actually lets her play. That is a bonus. Last year she would play a minute and get taken out this year she is actually starting. The team she played last week had some big girls on it. There were 3 that were over 6 feet tall and another 3 that were almost 6 feet tall. All they had to do was reach a hand up to stop a shot. Our girls aren't even close to that height.
Briley is doing good at his dad's. He loves school and is making friends. He is doing wrestling again this year. The wrestling program in Boone is much more work then the one here. That doesn't surprise me. I went to school with some of his coaches. He will be coming here for a visit the day after Christmas until New Year's day. Miles can't wait.
Home schooling is going well for everybody else. We are getting done what needs to be done. Corrisa is actually starting to understand math. That is a good thing. I usually hear nothing but grumbling and today she actually said some of the problems were super easy. Miles is doing well with his reading. Gabe is just doing much better at listening. Today he even did his work by his self without me sitting right there beside him. That was impressive.
Elijah is doing good in preschool. He gets to bring birthday treats on Friday so that is the highlight of his week. He had the stomach flu on Sunday so he didn't go to school on Monday. He has a field trip tomorrow to tour houses in town. I think his teacher is nuts to take a bunch of preschoolers to fancy houses to see how they are decorated for Christmas, but she is the one calling the shots. Elijah has his Christmas program at school next Wednesday.
Corrisa had her winter concert last night. It was nice, but I miss the days of Christmas carols. Most of the songs sung reminded me of the forth of July not Christmas. She enjoyed herself though.
Markus is still a little trouble maker. He is wanting to go potty on the potty now. Not all the time, but when he catches somebody in the bathroom. He is still into everything. Loves to eat and loves to dance. I can't wait until he is actually saying real words not just Markus words. I understand what he wants most of the time, but it would still be nice to hear some words.
Mark will be home the 21st through the 1st. The kids will enjoy time with him. They loved the time they got to spend with him for Thanksgiving and that was only a weekend. We aren't planning on going anywhere so then we don't lose time as a family. We aren't exchanging gifts with anybody this year so I have an excuse not to have to spend time with family. My sister keeps me informed on what happens anyway so that helps keep me home. I hear enough complaining without actually being there. We have lots of board games to keep us busy and have good clean learning fun.
I have my doctor's appointment Monday and ultrasound Tuesday. The vote is 2 for a boy and 6 for a girl. Miles is going with me and we are the 2 for a boy. I guess you will all have to wait until then to find out. I may just keep it a surprise and not tell anybody until the babe arrives. I know if I am keeping a secret that I will not tell my sister because she can't keep one. I have had a sore ear for a couple of days. It isn't like an ear infection just a sore ear. It is swollen and hurts to touch. At first I thought it was a zit, but now I am not sure what is wrong. I put some Apple cider vinegar in it with cotton to see if that would help and will do that again tonight. I may have to break down and go to the doctor, but hopefully it will clear up on its own.
Well, that is all I have to tell. Enjoy the rest of the week. I will update sometime next week.

1 comment:

Moohaa said...

You have to tell! I am thinking girl... no boy... no girl... I don't know, but it's exciting. Pass me some baby luck would ya? :)