Thursday, September 18, 2008

Boys

So, I take Elijah and Gabe to an ICN class at the library first thing this morning. I hate going to them anyway and wonder why I even sign up for the stupid things. Anyway, there are four other schools besides them. The girl in charge of the class goes around asking questions about the alphabet and sounds and such and when she comes to us the boys have a knock down drag our over who gets to speak into the microphone. Gabe answers and then Elijah is bawling so loudly that when Gabe is answering you could hear him. I am supposed to do one next week with the two of them again and I think I will cancel. I don't need the extra stress anyway. This is why I never leave my house with the kids unless it is completely necessary. I know it is lack of discipline, but after getting up at the crack of dawn to take care of a dog you don't want, making breakfast, putting up with a moody teenager, laundry and home schooling who feels like chasing kids around and disciplining. My head is spinning by noon. Then my lovely husband will call and say "if you have time..." If I had time I would be a peaceful, happy woman. I do believe my husband is heading to Chicago this weekend for work. We shall see how long he lasts there. He is quiting is job of a week and a half today. He thinks the grass is greener in Chicago. Anyway, that is my day so far in a loop and it is only 10:30. I have to go make lunches for the oldest 4 because they have brown bag and books with the supervising teacher at 11. Have a great week.

1 comment:

Moohaa said...

Big hugs, Shelly. You sound so overwhelmed. Are you able to start the morning off with prayer, maybe while you're taking care of the dog? I find this starts my day off right, giving it all to the One who can me stronger in His strength.